Please complete this required online FCC (North America) Application. When you are finished, please attach your resume, then click on Submit to complete the application process.
FCC Indiana located in Portland, IN currently has an opening for a Departmental Engineer.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Support Production Department for process improvement. Comply with all company safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Comply with departmental continuous improvement activities
- Basic knowledge of departments, machines and processes.
- Assist Production Team Leaders to verify and maintain processes with C.P., FMEA’s, Work Standards, Check sheets and company business plan
- Work directly with Production Team Leaders to build “issues list” and data collection for areas under target.
- Monitor OEE (overall equipment efficiency), scrap and short stop reports for area needing improvements to meet or exceed targets.
- Build reports supporting data collected from OEE, scrap and short stop targets not being met.
- Schedule meetings with Managers, QC and Engineering to present data from reports in order to countermeasure and resolve issues; follow and track all improvements and changing points with follow up meetings.
- Attend all Production related meetings.
- Promote and ensure conformance to the company’s IATF 16949 procedures (work standards, regulations, quality manual).
- Promote and ensure conformance to the company’s ISO 14001 procedures (recycling, reducing waste).
- Promote and ensure a safe, clean, harassment free, working environment. Lead and improve department 5C activities
- Effectively communicate with management, direct supervisor, associates and suppliers
- Additional projects assigned by management
- Must be 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline or production specific related field required
- 4+ years in manufacturing environment required
- Previous experience in engineering role preferred
- Prior experience with Microsoft Suite and ERP software preferred
- Communication, teamwork, cooperation
- 1st shift
- 8 hour shift
- Overtime as required
Starting Wage and Benefits:
- Competitive starting wage
- Weekly perfect attendance bonus
- Annual Bonuses
- Personal Time: 80 hours/year with opportunity to earn additional; unused time paid out
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Affordable Medical Insurance
- Vision, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Identity, Legal, Auto, Home, and Pet Insurance options available.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform Allowance
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||All Positions, Engineering|